$100 000 GRANT FOR OUR BUILDING EXPANSION PROJECT!!
Christmas has come early for seven Pine Rivers and Kallangur sport and recreation clubs, with round two of Get Playing and Get Going grants announced today.
Member for Pine Rivers, Mr Seath Holswich, said grants totaling $150,464 are part of more than $14.5 million dollars approved for successful clubs under this round.
“Get Playing and Get Going are two of three programs that make up the Get in the Game initiative, a key election promise designed to get more people involved in recreation activities,” Mr Holswich said.
Member for Kallangur, Mr Trevor Ruthenberg, added that “the Get in the Game focus is on promoting greater participation at the grassroots community level and supporting local clubs and this funding announcement will achieve that in Kallangur and Pine Rivers.”
Pine Rivers and Kallangur clubs to receive funding are:
* Pine Central Holy Spirit Rugby League Football Club Incorporated ($100,000 Get Playing) to construct facilities at Les Hughes Sports Complex.
* Albany Creek Excelsior Netball Club Incorporated ($5,743 Get Going) to conduct coach education and training.
* Pine Rivers Rapids Baseball Club Incorporated ($8,822 Get Going) to conduct a junior member recruitment program and purchase equipment.
* North Brisbane Water Polo Club Incorporated ($8,988 Get Going) to conduct a school holiday come-and-try program, accredit coaches, referees and first aid officers, undertake promotional activities and purchase equipment.
* Aspley Masters Australian Football Club Incorporated ($9,136 Get Going) to conduct a participation program, accredit umpires and purchase equipment.
· Narangba Bowls Club Incorporated ($7,775 Get Going) to conduct membership drive and purchase sporting equipment and promotional items to support the membership drive.
· Pine Rivers Golf Club Incorporated ($10,000 Get Going) to conduct a membership drive and an introductory skills program, undertake marketing and purchase sport equipment.
Round three of Get Started, the third program in the Get in the Game initiative, is due to open in early 2014 and assists children and young people with the costs to join a sport or recreation club.